Wednesday 3 September 2014

Pedro the Cockerpoo Puppy

Another new puppy is in the neighbourhood - Pedro the cockerpoo. I took my camera out today as it was a lovely afternoon, and tried to capture a couple of the little pupster. Two of the hardest things about dog photography I find are capturing black dogs (especially long-haired ones, whose hair obscures their eyes) and trying to get puppies to sit still for more than a split second, before they lunge upwards at the lens. I had my telephoto 70-200mm lens with me today, which wasn't ideal as Pedro kept hurtling towards me every time he saw the lens pointed in his direction!

I managed to get a couple where his eyes were in focus and he's not actually moving, but most of the others were just a mound of slightly-blurred black fluff! Welcome to the neighbourhood Pedro!



I'll try a few more, but this is probably the best I can hope for with a squirmy (and ridiculously cute) puppy!

No comments:

Post a Comment